MELCO N1A/2EX-H60 Streamer/Music Library
MELCO N1A Streamer/Music Library
N1A/2EX is a development of the N1A to further improve sound quality especially for USB-DAC users. A dedicated Neutrik USB 2.0 port connects to the DAC for optimum sound quality. Internally there are many detailed improvements to further reduce internal noise including a new capacitor bank to isolate the medical grade power supply, a new higher current 3 pole IEC connector with true ground and a built in power supply noise filter. Newly selected HDD with vibration isolating cradles ensure a new low level of vibration combined with capacity increase. (2 x 3TB = 6TB). A front panel USB 3.0 port makes importing from USB stick or USB drive very convenient and is in addition to 3 rear USB 3.0 ports for Easy Backup, Easy Expansion, Easy Play and Easy import.
Available in Silver or Black Aluminium front panel
• Single press power button - same as Hi-Fi components and unlike
any IT device;
• Comfortable front panel buttons with positive click for easy operation;
• Front USB 3.0 port;
• OLED display to reduce internal noise;
• Rear USB3.0 ports - BACKUP, EXPANSION USB-DAC or Easy import from Flash drive,CD drive or HDD, &;
• 3 pole IEC mains inlet with true electrical ground to define source component as ground point, and internal power-line noise filter.
Music Library N1 is the world's first audiophile grade source component. N1 is not just a simple NAS for PC or transport, but manage all music files'access, store, deliver and play with high quality hardware and software.
MELCO N1 Software
Melco N1 and N1/2 are audiophile grade source components to access, store and deliver Hi-Res Digital Music without any of the compromises of computers and their peripherals. They are both music store and UPnP server for Ethernet connected streaming solutions, and are also a source for a USB connected DAC. When connected to an USB-DAC, the internal player can be controlled directly from the front panel as well as by network App. The USB-DAC player supports DSD as both DoP and as Markerless DSD (Not DoP). There is no need for a PC in order to setup or manage the system and there is no data switch or IT device in the signal path to come between you and your music.
Direct Hi-Res Music Download
- Simply add your existing account ID and password on the front display, then purchase music on the vendor web site. The Melco will
automatically download any pending music purchases and will also apply CRC check to ensure no data corruption.
- No need for a download computer with risk of data corruption and need to then move the music from the PC to the Melco.
- Download High-Res Music to Melco Digital Music Library.
- Current download partner:
HIGH RES AUDIO.COM (Germany): https://www.highresaudio.com/
Support for USB/CD/DVD/BD drives
Melco will import or play music from a USB connected optical drive.
Optical drive is automatically recognised - no setup or configuration.
- CD-DA/CD Extra/Mixed-Mode CD are supported.
- Gracenote Metadata and High Resolution Cover-Art
* Cover-Arts can't be copied/moved
- Support for DATA Disc
- Imported CD is automatically placed into import_CD folder for easy music management.
- Menu items allows for setting of CD loader offsets for bit perfect import.
- Compatible CD Drives
Other Drives may work with N1. Please check with your dealer.
- Compatible USB HDD Drives
BUFFALO, HD-PNF Series
Other USB 2.0/ 3.0 USB HDD/SSD drives may work with N1. Please check with your dealer.
Unlike PC based system, simple and high quality Audio Component
Unlike PC based systems, Melco has a dedicated PLAYER port. This allows connection directly to the network Streamer or Player without any data switch in the signal path which would damage the music data.
This direct connection concept we call Direct Streaming Music – DSM – and it is unique to Melco as in conjunction with the Ethernet purifier between the LAN and PLAYER ports DSM ensures that the Player receives only clean and accurate data, all packets are timed with low-jitter precision and all unwanted traffic is blocked. LAN lights can be disabled for highest possible data integrity.
There are two methods of operation – Network Mode is the default and allows a Tablet connected to the Wi-Fi to control the player as normal. But for ultra-pure music playback DIRECT MODE can be selected – in this case there is no need for any external Ethernet or IT components, and the Melco acts as DHCP server to the Player. Browsing and control is then from the player front panel.
MELCO N1 Hardware
MELCO Direct Streaming Music + MELCO Ethernet Purifier
- Dual Ethernet ports - dedicated PLAYER port and LAN port
- Direct Mode allows N1 to connect to Player without any Router
(Melco gives IP address to Player)
- RJ-45 with low noise light pipe LED indicators
- Micro miniature high performance network pulse transformers
- Audio grade ultra-low jitter internal data clock
- High data integrity and precision low jitter clock buffer
- FPGA voltage control system
MELCO Local USB-DAC Player
- Simply connect a USB-DAC to the connected port to use the
N1Z/2 as Player and Transport
- Play Local stored music, Network music from UPnP player,
Streaming Music (requires Android Tablet), USB Music and CD
- Control and music selection from the front panel OLED display
- Control from your favourite iOS or Android App
MELCO Clear and Dynamic Power Supply
- Low noise 30W x2 medical grade power supplies and capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors
- Dedicated supply for SSD / HDD and signal processing electronics to isolate noise
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with noise filters maintain a noise free environment. Signal ground terminal defines the N1Z as the system source
- Revised internal wiring harness and noise isolation
Support file（LAN）:DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, MP3, WMA, OGG, LPCM
Support file（USB）:DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC
Sampling frequecy（LAN）:44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M
Sampling frequecy（USB）:44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M
Support bit: 16-32bit(PCM), 1bit(DSD)