YBA PASSION CD430 CD PLAYER
From the very beginning it was evident that there was a beauty and timelessness listening to this YBA player. The softness but extreme precision when listening to violins for example gave a level of credibility to the CD430 that is hard to find.
The Passion 430 CD Player was introduced in November 2013, filling the need for those users who wanted to own a Passion CD player rather than the available Passion CD transport. The top loading player which features a Philips CD PRO mechanism incorporates a Cirrus Logic DAC. It utilises a series of four rocker switches on the front panel giving control of On/Standby, Stop/Play/Pause, Previous/Next track and Source. When playing a CD, once the disc is placed on the platter and the clamp placed on the disc, it is necessary only to sightly slide the door (about 2 cm) to start playing. All information is then displayed on the front panel. Source control alternates between CD and USB. The USB input allows a direct connection to a PC/MAC. Operation is fully independent of a computer soundcard and operates whether the computer has a soundcard or not. It is necessary for Windows users to download a driver to the PC to take advantage of the USB input. No download is necessary for MAC users. The link to the download is found on the product page of the YBA website. With a choice of RCA or Balanced analog outputs, the CD 430 also has a Coaxial output which has its own dedicated on/off switch for use as required.
- System: High end Philips CD-PRO llm with patented Blue Diode® design
- Audio Inputs: CD, USB (USB2.0 High speed, up to 192kHz)
- Audio Outputs: 1 RCA, 1 XLR, 1 Digital (coaxial)
- Unbalanced output level: 2.3 V
- Balanced output level: 4.6 V
- SNR (RCA/XLR): 110 dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz (-0.5 dB)
- THD+N (20Hz - 20kHz): 0.0015% (16bit), 0.0008% (24bit)
- Drive compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Power Supply: Linear power supply with high performance UI-Core transformer 160VA
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 430 x 388 x 118 mm
- Weight: 12.8 Kg